Qualitative and case study research
- Module not running
- Module code
- FHEQ Level
- School of Finance and Management
The topics covered in this module provide students with a firm grounding in qualitative research methods. The course starts by discussing the nature of qualitative research and its role in the field of international management. Students are introduced to a variety of techniques including: case studies; surveys and questionnaires; interviews; and techniques for analysing qualitative data. At the end of this course students should be able to critically appraise research publications that use qualitative methods and feel able to carry out their own qualitative research.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of this module students should be able to:
- Read published qualitative research in international business;
- Read and learn from published case studies;
- Conduct their own qualitative research;
- Understand the functions of case studies;
- Develop their own case studies.
Important notice regarding changes to programmes and modules
Reader in International Management