Thai Language 2 (PG)
- Module not running
- Module code
- FHEQ Level
- South East Asia Section
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of the module, a student should be able to demonstrate…
- an appropriate knowledge and understanding of Thai grammar beyond the beginner’s level
- an appropriate passive and active command of Thai vocabulary beyond the beginner’s level
- an ability to understand spoken Thai and converse on everyday topics
- an ability to read and translate into English short passages of authentic Thai written in a straightforward style
- an ability to translate straightforward passages from English to Thai, using correct grammar and spelling
- an ability to write short essays in Thai
Total of 20 weeks teaching with 4 hours classroom contact per week in language classes.
Scope and syllabus
The syllabus provides structured le.arning materials that enable the student to begin to engage with authentic texts.
Method of assessment
One three-hour written examination taken in May/June (70%); an oral examination of 20 minutes duration taken in May/June (20%); regular assessed homework assignments (10%).