Thai Language 3 (PG)
- Module not running
- Module code
- FHEQ Level
- South East Asia Section
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
At the end of the module, a student should be able to demonstrate…
- a knowledge and understanding of Thai grammar at an appropriate level for an advanced learner
- a level of passive and active Thai vocabulary appropriate for an advanced learner
- an ability to understand spoken Thai and engage in discussion and exchange of views on a broad range of topics
- an ability to read, extract information from and translate into English passages of authentic Thai written in a variety of styles and drawn from a wide range of sources
- an ability to translate English to Thai, using correct grammar and spelling
- an ability to write expository essays in Thai on a variety of subjects
This course is taught over 20 weeks with 3 hours classroom contact per week in language classes.
Scope and syllabus
The syllabus provides the materials and learning environment for the student to develop their language ability to an advanced level.
Method of assessment
One three-hour written examination taken in May/June (70%); a 20 minute oral examination taken in May/June (20%); regular written homework assignments (10%).
Important notice regarding changes to programmes and modules