Turkish 1 B
- Start date
- End date
- Year of study
- Term 2
- Module code
- FHEQ Level
This is a language acquisition module for students who have already studied the Language A equivalent in the previous term, or who have equivalent knowledge. Students are therefore assumed to have some basic knowledge of the language or its script.
This module develops knowledge of several basic constructions of the language, enabling students to develop their skills in reading, writing, comprehension and speaking. Successful students will gain the ability to read and write simple texts, and communicate on everyday topics. Emphasis will be placed on good pronunciation and on the social and linguistic conventions of everyday conversation.
Successful completion of Turkish 1 A - 155906046 in Term 1 or equivalent knowledge.
Objectives and learning outcomes of the module
On successful completion of this module a student will:
- Gain greater knowledge and understanding of the appropriateness of basic structures and expressions in a given context.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand passages in written language on basic everyday topics.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce short passages in written language on everyday topics.
Total of 10 weeks teaching with 5 hours classroom contact per week in language classes.
Method of assessment
- 60% - Written Exam (3 hours)
- 20% - Oral Exam (15 minutes)
- 20% - Mid-term Test (40 minutes)
Important notice regarding changes to programmes and modules