Muslims, Trust and Cultural Dialogue - a collaboration with the Dialogue Society, SOAS and UEL
Anwar Akhtar, Kristiane Backer, Commander Makhdum Chishty, Abbey
Date: 21 March 2013Time: 7:00 PM
Finishes: 21 March 2013Time: 9:00 PM
Venue: Russell Square: College BuildingsRoom: G51
Type of Event: Panel Discussion
Series: CSP Seminar Programme
Key Strand Questions
- Has the role of culture been overlooked when it comes to intercommunity relations?
- What role does culture play in the dialogue between communities and can it foster trust?
- How have Muslim artists and cultural producers imagined intercultural trust and dialogue in their work?
- How are relationships of trust negotiated by Muslim artists, writers and cultural producers when dealing with a predominantly secular culture industry?
- Does the Muslim artist/cultural producer have a responsibility to ‘represent’ his or her community?
- What role do the media and journalism play in fostering both trust and mistrust between communities?
Organiser: Centres & Programmes Office
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact Tel: 020 7898 4892/3