- The 7th Asia-Pacific Forum on Translation and Intercultural Studies (APFTIS)
Translation and Journalism
- Closing gaps between translator training and the translation market through assessment
Speaker: Antonia Wu (Essex University)
- Visualizing the Fetus in Pre-modern and Modern Japan: Reading Illustrated Manuals, Magazines and Guidebooks for Pregnant Women
Prof Manami Yasui (Nichibunken)
An exploration into the transition of the image of the fetus from pre-modern Japan and modern Japan, based on various illustrations like ukiyo e, manuals for pregnancy and childbirth.
- Exploration of New Territory: Itō Hiromi’s Works after American Era
Prof Hideto Tsuboi (Nichibunken)
Prof Hideto Tsuboi's paper focuses on the development of her theory of ‘territory and boundary’, as seen in Itō Hiromi’s works written from the 1990s.
- The IATIS Training Workshop: A Japanese translation workshop -- translating literature and culture
Precise times: 4 July (10am-5pm); 5 July (11am-2pm)
- A Brief Introduction to Audio Description and our Workflows
Speaker: Shak Yousaf