Centre of World Christianity Events
Wednesday lunchtime seminar (13:00–14:30) – online until further notice
ID: 955 8810 7252 ; Code: 91RqPhpKi2
All seminar presentations are recorded on YouTube (SOAS Channel: SOAS University of London - YouTube)
- 27/10/2021 Deborah Gaitskell "Two 1940s Crises and a Christian Response: The Christian Council of South Africa, the Second World War and the Coming of Apartheid"
- 24/11/2021 Aleksanders Dmitrenko "The Chinese New Testament Translation Projects Conducted by the Orthodox Missionaries in China"
- 01/12/2021 David Salter "Setting Up International, Intercultural Partnerships Using Limited Resources"
- 08/12/2021 Christopher Hancock "Christianity and Confucianism" (working title – book launch)
- 15/12/2021 Evangelios Thiani "Mau Mau and the Orthodox Church in Kenya: The After Effects"
- 12/01/2022 Alison Ruth Kolosova "Mission, conciliarism and ecumenism in the early 20th century: the view from Russia"
- 19/03/2022 Lars Peter Laamann (SOAS), Catholic Smalltown Life in Late-Qing Sichuan [with Sichuan Religions]
- 20/04/2022 Erica Hunter (Cambridge), Traversing Time and Territory: dynamics of Syriac prayer-amulets from Turfan
- 11/05/2022 Daniela Dumbravă (Romanian Academy), Resilience across the Green Line... A peculiar academic project at the time of the Civil War: The Institute of Islamic-Christian Studies in Beirut
- 18/05/2022 Romina Istratii & Lars Laamann (SOAS), Roundtable on Orthodox Christianity and War: A historical, ecclesial and theological deliberation in pursuit of peace and inter-Church conciliation (focus on Ukraine and Russia)
- [date TBC] Romina Istratii & Lars Laamann (SOAS), Roundtable on Orthodox Christianity and War: A historical, ecclesial and theological deliberation in pursuit of peace and inter-Church conciliation (focus on Ethiopia)