Counter-Hegemonic Globalisation: Has the Movement Reached its Limits?
THIS EVENT IS ARCHIVED
Professor Boaventura de Sousa Santos
Date: 22 April 2008Time: 6:30 PM
Finishes: 22 January 2008Time: 8:30 PM
Venue: Brunei Gallery Room: Brunei Gallery Lecture Theatre
Type of Event: Lecture
Note: Internal event not open to external attendees.
Boaventura de Sousa Santos is Professor of Sociology at the School of Economics, University of Coimbra (Portugal), Distinguished Legal Scholar at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School and Global Legal Scholar at the University of Warwick. He is a prominent participant in the Global Justice movement and the author of several books in several languages - including:
- The Rise of the Global Left: The World Social Forums and Beyond (2006)
- Toward a New Legal Common Sense. Law, Globalization, and Emancipation (2002)
He is the editor of the series Reinventing Social Emancipation: Towards New Manifestoes that includes the following three volumes:
- Another Knowledge is Possible. Beyond Northern Epistemologies (2007)
- Another Production is Possible. Beyond the Capitalist Canon (2006)
- Democratizing Democracy. Beyond the Liberal Democratic Canon (2005)
Organiser: Professor Gilbert Achcar