Diversity & Inclusion in Higher Education Conference
THIS EVENT IS ARCHIVED
Date: 10 June 2020Time: 9:30 AM
Finishes: 10 June 2020Time: 6:00 PM
Venue: Russell Square: College Buildings Room: TBC
Type of Event: Conference
The Centre for Innovation in Learning & Teaching (CILT) at SOAS is delighted to invite proposals for paper presentations, posters and lightning talks at our summer 2020 learning and teaching conference: Diversity & Inclusion in Higher Education on 10 June 2018.
Topics may include but are not limited to:
- Decolonising the learning experience
- Inclusive and Innovative teaching practice
- Improving student engagement, belonging, retention and success
- Effective and practical interventions and approaches
- Using student feedback to improve the student experience
- Academic/ peer mentoring and 1-1 support
- Student wellbeing
- Accessibility/inclusive learning
- Outreach and widening participation
- Returning to learning- needs of mature and part-time students
- Blended learning methods and distance learning
The conference will form part of the week-long SOAS Festival of Learning, from the 8th to the 12th of June 2020, which will be a week of diverse events celebrating and showcasing the work of the School. Other events over the week will be aimed at a range of internal and external audiences, offering colleagues an opportunity to interact with areas beyond their own specialisms, and for the public to experience a taste of the phenomenal and important work SOAS is engaged in.
Please submit an abstract of your proposal in no more than 150 words via this form.
Submissions deadline: Friday 6th March 2020
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicants will be notified by 28 February 2020. If you have any questions about this call for contributions or would like feedback on your draft abstract, please contact us.
If you are interested in attending the event please register on the following link