Regulations and Requirements
Term Dates: Research degrees are continuous and therefore the 2016/17 academic year covers the period from 26 September 2016 until 24 September 2017. Taught course term time dates do not apply to research degrees.
- Code of Practice for Postgraduate Research Degrees
- Academic Regulations for Postgraduate Research Students
- Ethics Policy
- Appeals Procedure for Research Degrees
- Withdrawal Policy for Research Degrees
The Doctoral School is located in room GS305, on the third floor of 53 Gordon Square, and is available to provide assistance research students, applicants and potential research students, research alumni, and members of staff involved in research degrees.
Whether your query is regarding the research options available at SOAS, the regulations and requirements of SOAS research degrees, the support available to staff and students (on academic and non-academic matters) or other issues, the Doctoral School Section can either help and advise you or help you get to the right place to find help and advice.
The Doctoral School is open to visitors during normal Registry opening hours and can also be contacted via e-mail or phone and full contact details are listed below.
London WC1H 0XG
- Current Students - please log into the online Student Information Desk and submit an enquiry. Please use the category of Doctoral School.
- Prospective Students - please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Alumni and Staff - please email email@example.com.