Please note that most forms are now located within the PhD Manager system.
All researchers submitting upgrade and fieldwork applications should log in to PhD Manager and complete the online forms.
All forms must be submitted to the Doctoral School Section, Registry and may require written confirmation from Supervisors, Directors of Doctoral Studies and/or Financial Sponsors
- Extension of Writing-Up (Continuation) - form to be submitted to confirm eligibility for the reduced fee in the Extension year (normally the optional fourth year of full-time PhD study) [Now found as 'Change Requests' in PhD Manager]
- Interruption of Study [Now found as 'Change Requests' in PhD Manager]
- Mode of study changes from full-time to part-time or vice versa [Now found as 'Change Requests' in PhD Manager]
- Withdrawal - form to be submitted following careful consultation with the Doctoral School Section and Supervisor [Now found as 'Change Requests' in PhD Manager]
- Applications for Extensions - It should be noted that it is important for PhD candidates to submit within the deadlines. However, the School also recognizes the differing nature of individual research degrees and approved a procedure by which students may apply for a Suspension of Regulations to allow a short period of continued enrolment beyond the 48 month deadline (84 months for part-time). Applications for Mitigating Circumstnaces must be made via the Mitigating Circumstances PGR process with supporting evidence. You are advised to apply for an extension well in advance of your deadlines.