- Aligning Finance with the Paris Climate Goals
Shelagh Whitley (Overseas Development Institute - ODI)
- Development, Social Transformation, and Gender Relations: A Comparative Analysis of Iran and Tunisia
Valentine M. Moghadam (Northeastern University, Boston)
- Macroeconomic Impacts of a Low-carbon Transition
Jean-Francois Mercure (Exeter) and Hector Pollit (Cambridge Econometrics)
- History RePPPeated – How public-private partnerships are failing
Elisa Van Waeyenberge (SOAS), María José Romero (SOAS/Eurodad)
- TAAF Master's Award for Fieldwork Funding
Antony Ellman (TAAF Chairman), Rebecca Thompson (MSc Development Economics), Mattia Baglioni (MSc Violence, Conflict and Development)
- Loss, Profit and Opportunity: Local Economic Responses to the Great Kantō Earthquake of 1923
Prof Janet Hunter (LSE)
The economics of a disaster: Japan in 1923.
- The policy space for a novel industrial policy in Europe
Mario Pianta (Scuola Normale Superiore, Firenze)
XX IDP Industrial Development and Policy Lecture
- Financial and Entrepreneurial Profitability in the USA in the Era of Financialisation
Costas Lapavitsas (SOAS)
- Women, Work and the Family: Is Southeast Asia Different?
Anne Booth (SOAS)
- Cakeonomics 2 - Economics Social Event
Social Event for all the students and staff members in the Department of Economics.
- Maintaining Economic Orthodoxy: how mainstream economics manages to remain mainstream
Jonathan Arentoft (SOAS), Henry Leveson-Gower (Promoting Economic Pluralism), Ben Glover (Demos) and Sophie Van Huellen (SOAS)
- Presentation of the IMF’s Regional Economic Outlook for Sub-Sahara Africa & Special Chapter on "The Economics of Conflict"
Mahvash S. Qureshi (International Monetary Fund)
Mahvash S. Qureshi will present the key takeaways from IMF's Regional Economic
Outlook for Sub-Sahara Africa report, which was just launched.
- When Things Don’t Fall Apart: Global Financial Governance and Developmental Finance in an Age of Productive Incoherence (The MIT Press, 2017)
Ilene Grabel (University of Denver, USA)
XXI IDP Industrial Development and Policy Lecture
- Free Trade Agreements and the Governance of Globalisation in Late Neoliberalism: the case of Chile and the controversies over the Transpacific Partnership
Hassan Akram (Wake Forest University)
XXII IDP Industrial Development and Policy Lecture
- Japan's Long Stagnation, Deflation, and Abenomics - Mechanisms and Lessons
Prof Kenji Aramaki (Tokyo Woman's Christian University & University of Tokyo)
Launch of Kenji Aramaki's new book on Japan's Long Stagnation, Deflation, and Abenomics - Mechanisms and Lessons.
- Book Launch “Facing Up to Climate Reality: Honesty, Disaster and Hope”
Jonathan Essex, John Foster, Rupert Read, Maya de Souza, Prashant Vaze and Ulrich Volz
- International Workshop on ‘Bringing Production Back into Development’
Ha-Joon Chang (Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge) and Antonio Andreoni (Department of Economics, SOAS University of London)
- Governing Financialisation for an Innovative Economy: Investment in High-Value Productive Capabilities in the UK
Antonio Andreoni (SOAS), William Lazonick (SOAS), Öner Tulum (SOAS), Marie Carpenter (Université Paris XIII) and Mustafa Erdem Sakinç (Université Paris XIII)
- Connecting Capabilities: the HDCA Conference 2019
The 2019 Human Development and Capability Approach (HDCA) conference takes place over three days in London, on the theme of ‘connecting capabilities’. Hosted at UCL, Institute of Education, in partnership with the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), Birkbeck, the University of East London (UEL) and the London International Development Centre (LIDC).
- Economics and Political Economy for a Fairer World. Celebrating 65 years of Economics at SOAS.
Celebrating 65 years of Economics at SOAS.
- Asia's economic outlook: view from Asian Development Bank
Donghyun Park (Asian Development Bank)
- Capitalism and climate breakdown: from analysis to rebellion
Julia Steinberger and Elena Hofferberth
- Structural proportions and functional income distribution in Global Value Chains
Ariel Luis Wirkierman (Goldsmiths)
- From the Product Space to Production: Economic Complexity and Industrial Policy
Umar Salam (Oxford Policy Management) and Antonio Andreoni (SOAS University of London)
- Institutions, Elite Politics and Uneven Regional Development in Colombia: Why ‘Good Governance’ Fails
Tobias Franz (SOAS University of London)
- History in Alfred Marshall's work. An archetypical combination of History and Economics
Jaques Kerstenetzky (Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ))