Over the past decades the creative and cultural industries have become the focus of a huge amount of research and critical debate. As digitisation transforms the media industries, from music streaming to on-demand TV, there has been an increasing recognition of the economic and cultural value of art, museums, video games and heritage.
SOAS is a world-leading centre for study and research involving visual and sound arts, material and intangible cultures, media industries and digital cultures of Asia, Africa and the Middle East, and their global diasporas. Our world-leading experts on the music, art, writing, culture, language, and traditions of Africa, the Middle East and Asia can:
- work with you to capitalise on (and critically analyse) new developments in a fully global context,
- help you gain access to a far-reaching network of partners and alumni,
- shed light on new audiences and markets and how to reach them.
We regularly advise on historical and cultural background for film and TV productions, including documentaries, feature films, advertising campaigns, and theatre productions. Some of the services we deliver include:
- script supervision
- story development
- historical and cultural accuracy of story lines, costumes, casting, props and sets
- musical composition
We also have a range of locations within our central London campus that provide ideal backdrops for filming. Our library building, with its brutalist architecture, naturally lit atrium and tiers of concrete balconies has provided the perfect setting for film and TV.
Organisations we've worked with in this sector include:
- China Association of Art Auctioneers
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Creative Assembly
- Big Light Productions