Closing date for applications March 22, 2020
The SUEE Program provides expertise and resources to help grow young businesses, this year it will run from May till October. At the end you will be invited to the national final where you’ll have the chance to win a share of £90,000 in equity-free seed funding. SOAS has been given the opportunity to put forward one entrant, who will be in the running to win:
First place: £30,000 plus mentoring from business experts and a fully funded intern
Second place: £20,000 plus mentoring from business experts and a fully funded intern
Or have the chance to win a number of smaller prizes at the final
For SOAS to decide which business is best positioned to be put forward we are going to hold a small competition:
How to Enter
Stage 1: A video (max 2 mins) submissions detailing:
- To describe your business
- What are they are looking to achieve in the next 6-12 months?
- What are the biggest challenges they currently face as a business?
Deadline for submissions is March 22.
Stage 2: Entrants shortlisted on the basis of their video will be invited come in and meet with SOAS staff on either March 25/26.
- Be either a current SOAS student or someone who has graduated from SOAS within the last three years (this includes both undergraduates and postgraduates)
- Be able to attend all dates of the Santander programme
- Your business must have been trading for less than 18 months; we define trading as:
- Have already received funding or investment of no more than £250,000.
- Including funding from Santander Universities or SOAS
In addition, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be promoting/advertising your business publicly (e.g. public facing website) with the specific aim of attracting sales/users or investment in the next 6-12 months.
- You have already made sales.
- You have gained users e.g. app downloads.
Please note you cannot apply directly to Santander. The final nominee will be chosen and endorsed by the Knowledge Exchange team at SOAS after meeting on 25 or 26 March.