Welcome to the SOAS campus.
SOAS is located in the heart of London, a short walk from many of London’s bars, cafes and world-famous social and cultural sights, including the British Museum and the British Library which are just a few minutes away.
SOAS University of London, 10 Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG
Russell Square campus map
Finding your building
Key to room numbers
The acronyms usually have a first letter indicating the building, then a number indicating which floor (this can also be 'G' for ground floor or 'L' for Lower ground).
|Prefix||Building||Sample room number|
|MB||Main Building (incorporating the Old Building and the Philips Building)||MB G50 = College Buildings, ground floor
MB 502 = College Buildings, fifth floor
|B||Brunei Gallery||B102 = Brunei Gallery, first floor|
|F||Faber Building, 23-24 Russell Square||F104 = Faber Building, first floor|
|T||21-22 Russell Square||T101 = 21-22 Russell Square, first floor|
|GS||Doctoral School, 53 Gordon Square||GS303 = 53 Gordon Square, third floor|
|BBK30RS or BBK43GS||Birkbeck College rooms, 30 or 43 Gordon Square||30 RS 103 = 30 Russell Square Room 103, first floor|
|S||Paul Webley Wing (Senate House North Block)||SG27 = Paul Webley Wing, ground floor|
|IALS||Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, 17 Russell Square||IALS L101 = Institute of Advanced Legal Studies room L101|
Where in the building?
|Brunei Gallery||First floor||Room number 2|
- KLT : Khalili Lecture Theatre, on the lower ground floor of the Main Building
- DLT: (Kamran) Djam Lecture Theatre, accessed via the entrance hall of the Main Building.
- (S)ALT: Alumni Lecture Theatre
- (S)WLT: Wolfson Lecture Theatre both in Paul Webley Wing.
- 30 Russell Square and 43 Gordon Square are buildings belonging to Birkbeck College which are sometimes used by SOAS for teaching.