Tuesdays 1pm-3pm, room S118 (Senate House)
Open to members of staff and PGR students
Invited speakers are asked to present or discuss their work in progress. Seminars cover a wide range of topics and are usually characterised by a good balance between empirical and theoretical work. Occasionally, members of staff are also invited to present their work.
Wednesdays 1pm-3pm, room B102 (Brunei Gallery)
Open to All
Speakers at DeFiMS Business Network Seminars are typically well-established practitioners in the City of London and other business communities. They exchange their perspectives and experiences with DeFiMS students and staff members, as well as providing a platform for DeFiMS students to extend their business network.
- Accommodation options at SOAS - webinar
- Postgraduate Finance and Management Information Session
Dr Alberto Asquer
- Bank opacity and risk-taking: Evidence from analysts' forecasts. By Victor Murinde
Victor Murinde (SOAS)
- IPO lockups and insider trading. By Ranko Jelic
Ranko Jelic (University of Sussex)
- Saudi Arabia and Iran: The Competition for Capital
Basim Al-Ahmadi and Dr. Sara Bazoobandi
- Dividend Decisions of UK listed firms: Beyond Agency Theory. By Ciaran Driver, Anna Grosman, Pasquale Scaramozzino
Ciaran Driver (SOAS) & Anna Grosman ( Loughborough University) & Pasquale Scaramozzino (SOAS)
- Book launch - 'No Ordinary Woman: The Life of Edith Penrose'
Angela Penrose (Writer and Journalist)
- Political economy of capital flows and financial inclusion. By Stephen Spratt
Stephen Spratt (IDS)