Please note that this degree will NOT be running from 2020/21
Our MSc in Finance and Financial Law programme takes an integrated approach to finance and financial law, including risk management, regulation, mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, bond issues, and loans.
In these fast changing subjects, the MSc Finance and Financial Law provides the specialist knowledge required in international banks and investment firms, legal practice, regulatory institutions and the academic world. The programme relates to both national and international finance, and considers how financial and legal principles are applied in the context of actual case studies.
Students also have the option to follow one of two specific pathways within the programme - MSc Finance and Financial Law (Major: Law) or MSc Finance and Financial Law (Major: Finance). The differences between the two pathways are detailed within the programme 'structure' tab.
Why study MSc Finance and Financial Law at SOAS?
- we're ranked 11 in the UK and 2 in London for Business and Management by the 2019 Guardian University league table
- programmes are delivered by a multicultural and international teaching body, who regularly publish in top international journals
- you will develop an excellent understanding of key issues shaping international business strategy
- we are specialists in the delivery of more that forty African and Asian languages. As the economies of the Global South continue to expand, knowledge of another language and other cultures will be a big asset in the world of commerce and international trade
- you will be joining our thriving community of alumni and academics who have an impact on the world outside of academia
- you will be able to flexibly structure your programme using our optional modules and/or optional modules from other departments, including the opportunity to learn a regional language
Graduates from the MSc Finance and Financial Law will be well equipped for a career with a financial institution, a commercial law firm, regulator, government department or indeed in general business.
Among the institutions with which our graduates are currently working are: Baronsmead Partners LLP; China Banking Regulatory Commission; Deloitte; JP Morgan Chase; Kleinwort Benson; KPMG; Merrill Lynch; Mograbi Real Estate, Israel; Rivers State Ministry of Finance, Nigeria; Telenor, Pakistan.
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue: Russell Square: College Buildings
Start of programme: September intake only (a three-week pre-sessional course in September is a requirement)
Mode of Attendance: Full-time
- We will consider all applications with 2:ii (or international equivalent) or higher. In addition to degree classification we take into account other elements of the application including supporting statement and references.
- One calendar year full-time
Dr Richard Alexander Convenor