Our MSc International Management (Japan) programme focuses on management and its environment in Japan and includes high-level courses in international management and finance disciplines. It draws upon Japan experts and management specialists within the University and from positions within London-based commerce, finance and government.
The core modules enable you to study the principles and applications of international management and the interplay between global and local factors influencing management in Japan. You can use the optional modules to focus on either management skills that can be applied worldwide or specialise in understanding the Japanese business environment.
For those who choose to, our programme also offers unique opportunities to improve existing skills in Japanese. No knowledge of Japanese is required to complete the MSc programme successfully, since English language materials are available. Those students who already have Japanese language skills will have every opportunity to use them in studying data and source materials.
Why study MSc International Management (Japan) at SOAS
- we're ranked 11 in the UK and 2 in London for Business and Management by the 2019 Guardian University league table
- we are home to the largest concentration of Japan specialists outside of Japan
- programmes are delivered by a multicultural and international teaching body, who regularly publish in top international journals
- you will develop an excellent understanding of key issues shaping international business strategy
- we are specialists in the delivery of more that forty African and Asian languages. As the economies of the Global South continue to expand, knowledge of another language and other cultures will be a big asset in the world of commerce and international trade
- you will be joining our thriving community of alumni and academics who have an impact on the world outside of academia
- you will be able to flexibly structure your programme using our optional modules and/or optional modules from other departments, including the opportunity to learn a regional language
Our Finance and Management programmes have a first-rate graduate employability record, with graduates having moved on to work for a range of organisations such as Deloitte, Santander and HM Treasury.
For more information email: email@example.com
Venue: Russell Square: College Buildings
Start of programme: September intake only
Mode of Attendance: Full-time or Part-time
- Minimum first degree with good grades in any subject equivalent to a UK upper second class honours
- One calendar year (full-time) Two calendar years (part-time)