Financial and Management Studies Research
DeFiMS faculty members have a strong commitment to academic research and publication. Our research interests, publications, and expertise are wide-ranging. Our current, active research interests lie within five main areas:
- Corporate governance: finance, law, and regulation (in developed and developing countries)
- Corporate finance: determinants of firms' capital structure
- Finance and economic growth
- Financial regulation, central banking and bank supervision
- Management in China; Management in Japan; and Management in the Middle East and North Africa
There are two compulsory weekly workshops for PhD students:
- Advanced Topics in Finance and Management
- Research Workshops in Finance and Management
Additionally, the following Events are open to all DeFiMS students:
- CeFiMS Business Network Seminars
- Finance and Management Seminar Series
The department organises a number of conferences, including the 23rd Chinese Economic Association conference, the ESRC research seminar series on Complexity Economics for Sustainability, and the upcoming Edith Penrose centenary conference.
DeFiMS faculty members and PhD students also present their research at international conferences.
Staff Publications and CeFIMS discussion paper series
The Research programme at DeFiMS is designed to ensure that PhD students are an integral part of DeFiMS research activity. Further information on the research activities of current DeFiMS PhD students are listed on this site.