The Galleries in the Brunei Gallery Building are a contemporary and dynamic venue in the heart of Bloomsbury showing a programme of changing exhibitions representing the arts, culture and heritage of and from Africa, Asia and the Middle East and has its own prize winning Japanese style Roof Garden.
Why not create your own Private View by hiring the Galleries and the exhibitions on display or Japanese style Roof Garden to host your corporate event, book launch or private party providing a unique and beautiful backdrop for your event.
The spaces are available for hire in the evenings from 17.00 onwards Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday and all day from 10.00 onwards on Sunday and Monday and comprise of private access to the exhibitions and sole use of the Garden. They are not available on Thursdays because of the late opening of the gallery.
Can I hire the Galleries for an art exhibition ?
We are delighted to offer hire of the Galleries with the exhibitions on display and the Japanese style Roof Garden as a venue and setting for events but we regret that we are unable to hire the space to be used for an exhibition.
*Please Note there are seperate charges for filming locations requests available upon request and all filming requests must be made via our Comms Office and Filming Procedures found on our website.
Can we have catering in the Galleries ?
Yes catering requirements can be booked through the Conference Office (link) though depending on the type of exhibition being displayed at that time there can be some limitations as outlined in our Use of the Galleries Policy (pdf; 80kb) .
Standard Hire Charges:
Exhibition Galleries for private view/event:
- From 17.00 onwards - Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
- All day Sunday and Monday.
£600 + VAT + Security costs (20% + £100) per 4 hour block, e.g. 9.00 – 13.00, 13.00 – 17.00, 17.00 – 21.00
Hire of the Japanese-style Roof Garden:
£450 + VAT + Security costs (20% + £100) per 4 hour block, e.g. 9.00 – 13.00, 13.00 – 17.00, 17.00 – 21.00
- Hire of the Galleries is subject to the exhibition schedule; due to certain exhibitions having works of a delicate nature, on open display or occupying an amount of physical space there may be restrictions on where and what refreshments may be served and also capacity will vary depending on space occupied by an exhibition.
- Hire fees may vary depending on the status of your organisation whether Corporate, non-profit, private, educational, charity etc.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Brunei Gallery Building.
For information on hiring the Brunei Gallery Building conference facilities you should contact the Conference Office