How does a degree in Gender Studies help with my career?
With specialised knowledge in this field, SOAS Gender Studies graduates have found employment in a variety of sectors. As a gender studies graduate you are likely to have developed valuable transferable skills, which include familiarity with methods of research; the competence to manage large quantities of information; the ability to select and organise information and analytical skills.
Who do graduates work for?
A degree in Gender Studies is an invaluable experience that provides you with skills you can use to market yourself once you graduate in a range of professional roles in business and public sectors, as well as continuing in the field of research either at SOAS or other institutions
Destination of 2017 graduates (Postgraduates)
All postgraduate students are contacted 6 months after graduation (so for postgraduate students this is in April) to find out what they were doing - working, studying or something else, such as travelling. This data is added to the Undergraduate survey the following January and we receive the data in the summer (i.e. approximately 18 months after graduation). Here is the latest information from the 15 known destinations of the 2014 UK, EU and International Postgraduate and research degrees within the Centre.
- Amnesty International
- Change Management Group
- Council for British Research in the Levant (CBRL)
- Euromet Feminist Initiative
- Research Institute of Milan
- The Institute of Ismaili Studies
- The Media Imagine
- University of Chester
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws (WLUML)
- World Learning
- Cataloguing Assistant
- Editorial Intern
- Education in Emergency Co-Ordinator
- Gender Consultant and Researcher
- Policy and Programs Intern
- Programme Officer
- Public Relations (PR) Executive
- Senior Teaching Fellow
- Social Media Assistant
- Visiting Lecturer in Buddhism
What do Graduates do?
- Occupational profiles for 600 career areas on Prospects
- Postgraduate study information and database on Prospects
- For more information about careers, visit Careers Tagged