SOAS – Johns Hopkins University (Bologna) Dual Masters Programme
We have a fantastic opportunity for students to undertake a two-year programme between SOAS University of London and the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies in Bologna (SAIS).
Under the programme, students from both SAIS and SOAS have the opportunity to conduct two years of study in International Affairs in combination with studies in Economics, Development Studies or Politics at two of the world’s leading universities in these fields. Students can be awarded both an MSc from SOAS and a Master of Arts in International Affairs (MAIA) from SAIS.
SAIS will also award Annual Fellowships and stipends to certain cooperative degree students from SOAS who are selected and meet the admission requirements for the MAIA degree programme.
Students can start their studies either with SAIS Europe or SOAS:
- Students who enrol for a two-year Master of Arts in International Affairs (MAIA) degree at the SAIS Europe campus in Bologna can apply to spend their second year at SOAS, choosing from a broad range of Masters programmes offered by the SOAS Departments of Economics, Development Studies, and Politics and International Studies.
- Students who start an eligible one-year MSc degree at SOAS can apply to spend a second year of study at SAIS Europe in Bologna and earn a MAIA in addition to their SOAS MSc degree.
The partnership launched in September 2020 and SOAS students starting in one of 16 MSc programmes can apply by January 2020 to spend a second year at SAIS immediately after their year at SOAS. SAIS MAIA students can also apply to spend their second year at SOAS from September 2020.
The cooperative SAIS-SOAS degree programme includes the following 16 Masters programmes at SOAS:
Department of Economics
Department of Politics and International Studies
- MSc International Politics
- MSc Middle East Politics
- MSc African Politics
- MSc Asian Politics
- MSc Politics of China
- MSc Politics of Conflict, Rights & Justice
- MSc State, Society and Development
Department of Development Studies
- MSc Development Studies
- MSc Environment, Politics and Development
- MSc Globalisation and Development
- MSc Violence, Conflict and Development
Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy
For more information about this course please contact Helen Foster, Head of Global Partnerships at email@example.com
Johns Hopkins University (Bologna)