IV Executive Board
Executive Board reports to the Board of Trustees.
The membership of Executive Board will comprise
- Ex-officio Members:
- Academic Heads of Department
- Registrar & Secretary (COO)
- Deputy COO (Resources & Planning)
- Deputy COO (Student and Academic Experience)
- Head of Doctoral School
- In attendance:
- Director Human Resources
- Director Legal and Governance
The Registrar will nominate a Secretary. The Board will hold ordinary meetings as necessary and the quorum will be six members.
The remit of the Board is to advise the Director on the exercise of his/her authority vested by the Charter and Standing Orders with respect to general matters of policy, planning and corporate strategy, making recommendations for approval to Academic Board (for matters substantially affecting research, teaching and student welfare), Resources & Planning Committee and the Board of Trustees. The Board will also act within delegated authority on behalf of other Standing Committees to co-ordinate and progress School business.
Terms of Reference
The Board will have the following terms of reference:
- To advise the Director on the exercise of his/her authority in respect to planning and corporate strategy;
- To advise senior academic and administrative officers on the exercise of their authority in respect of School policy and Codes of Practice;
- To help co-ordinate the academic and non-academic management of the School;
- To oversee the conduct of business between major Committees;
- To lead and co-ordinate the strategic planning process and sector regulator returns and initiatives;
- To approve strategies/sub strategies where this responsibility has been delegated from the Board of Trustees;
- To consider and prioritise strategic issues, taking account of the resource implications, setting appropriate budgets to enable the School to deliver its priorities, and approving expenditure as delegated by the Board of Trustees;
- To approve the School's non-academic policies, making recommendations for approval to the Board of Trustees where the Board of Trustees approval is required;
- To receive reports from other Committees as appropriate.