VII Governance & Nominations Committee
Governance & Nominations Committee reports to the Board of Trustees.
The membership of Governance & Nominations Committee will comprise
- Vice-Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Ex-officio Members:
- Chair of Board of Trustees
- Registrar & Secretary (COO)
- Other Members:
- 2 lay members of the Board of Trustees appointed by Board of Trustees
- A Pro-Director
- In attendance:
- Director of Governance and Legal
The Registrar will nominate a Secretary. The Committee will normally hold three ordinary meetings per annum.
Terms of Reference
The Committee will have the following terms of reference.
- To advise Board of Trustees on matters of governance and to make recommendations to the Board of Trustees on the conduct and effectiveness of Board of Trustee business;
- To make recommendations to ensure that governance arrangements are consistent with best practice and external requirements such as that issues by the Committee of University Chairs (CUC);
- To consider proposed revisions of Standing Orders for recommendation to the Board of Trustees;
- To monitor and make recommendations to the Board of Trustees on policies and procedures designed to support effective and efficient governance;
- To advise the Board of Trustees on the appointment and re-appointment of individuals as lay members of the Board of Trustees and other committees, giving due consideration to the need for an appropriate balance of skills on the Board of Trustees and of the specific need of committees for specialist skills; and
- To approve minor amendments to the School's procedures for recruiting the Board of Trustees members, and to recommend to the Board of Trustees any major changes to these procedures.