IX Senior Staff Remuneration Committee
Senior Staff Remuneration Committee reports to the Board of Trustees, and will produce an annual remuneration report to the Board of Trustees
The membership of the Senior Staff Remuneration Committee will comprise
- A lay member of the Board of the Board of Trustees or other independent lay member nominated by the Board of Trustees
- Vice Chair:
- A lay member of the Board of Trustees may be nominated by the Board of Trustees
- Ex-officio Members:
- Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Vice-Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Honorary Treasurer
- Other Members
- 1 lay member of the Board of Trustees nominated by the Board of Trustees
- 1 lay member appointed to SSRC who is an established expert in pay and reward
Where the Chair is not a lay member of the Board of Trustees, a Vice Chair will be appointed and will chair any discussions relating to the remuneration of the Director.
The Committee will be supported in its operation by the following
- The Director of Human Resources will be in attendance at meetings as Secretary.
The Committee will normally hold two ordinary meetings per annum.
Terms of Reference
Senior Staff Remuneration Committee will have the following terms of reference:
- To decide upon the remuneration and terms and conditions of service for the School’s Executive Managers. The group will comprise the School Director, the Registrar & Secretary (COO) the Deputy Chief Operating Officer (Resources and Planning) the Deputy Chief Operating Officer (Student and Academic Experience) and the Pro-Directors
- To provide oversight and monitoring of pay levels, and the distribution and management of remuneration of the School’s Senior Managers. This group comprises grade 10 senior academic (professorial) and senior professional services staff
- Any severance payment for individuals who earn more than £100K within the groups listed above
- To monitor pay levels for executive and senior managers, based on gender and ethnicity and to review equal pay gaps across the groups listed above.
Senior Remuneration Framework
The Senior Staff Remuneration Committee will operate in accordance with SOAS Remuneration Framework and all related regulatory codes.