Strategic Plan: Reimagining the role and purpose of SOAS
SOAS now has a new Strategic Plan in place as the basis for the renewal and revitalisation of the School – and to position SOAS to play a leading role in reimagining higher education globally.
The new five-year SOAS Strategic Plan was approved by the Board of Trustees in July 2021 and commits SOAS to both student responsiveness and research intensity.
The student journey is at the heart of the new Strategic Plan, as our students and our thriving alumni community represent a vital part of SOAS’s contribution to and engagement with the global community.
It articulates a vision for a new model of international partnerships which is responsive to the transnational character of our global challenges.
It commits SOAS to ensuring a socially just institutional community in which everyone experiences belonging and is treated with respect.
Supporting plans setting out our Education Strategy and our Research and Knowledge Exchange Strategy are being developed and will be added here when finalised.
SOAS has also refreshed its Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy for 2021 to 2025.
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy 2021-25 (pdf; 834kb)
- Education Strategy 2022-26 (pdf; 576kb)
- Research & Knowledge Exchange Strategy 2022-26 (pdf; 564kb)
- SOAS Vision and Strategy 2016-2020 (pdf; 2mb)
- Framework for KPIs (pdf; 137kb)
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy (colour) (pdf; 8mb)
- Estates Strategy (pdf; 875kb)
- Student Accommodation Strategy (pdf; 500kb)
- Financial Strategy - Annexes (vnd.ms-excel; 19kb)
- SOAS Learning Strategy 2016/17 - 2019/20: Teaching, Learning and Student Experience (pdf; 268kb)
- Research Excellence Strategy (pdf; 525kb)