Stay in touch after graduation
There are several ways in which you can get involved with SOAS and current SOAS students once you graduate.
- Come back and share your experiences with students at a small group presentation
- Offer to be part of a mock interview panel
- Offer mentoring support to students who studied your subject or who are aspiring to a role in your career sector
- Provide an insight into what you have been up to since leaving SOAS by contributing to our Change Your World blog
- Exhibit at or host an event such as a Careers Fair, Employer Presentation or Recruiter-in-Residence session
- Join the SOAS Alumni Network and receive benefits such as access to the library and JSTOR databases
Looking for careers advice?
SOAS Alumni can now use the Careers Service free of charge. You can continue to benefit from the SOAS Careers Service’s resources and support which includes:
- Access to online resources such as our Graduate Support Network, GoinGlobal, Interview Stream and Assessment Day
- Unlimited access to our careers information room to help you find out about jobs, different career options, further study and more
- Free careers publications and employer directories
- Free attendance to SOAS specific careers events
- 15 minute guidance appointments with our careers consultants – including refining your careers thinking, completing applications effectively and tailoring your CV. Please note: during the Autumn Term we prioritise appointments for current students and graduates from the previous year. If you graduated more than 2 years ago, we can offer you up to 3 appointments per year (not available during the Autumn Term)
- Weekly e-newsletter to keep you up-to-date with news and events
If you graduated since 2016, you will still be able to use CareersZONE, our careers management system to book on events and to view jobs and opportunities.
If you graduated before 2016, you may not be on our system. Please register with Alumni and then contact us - we will send you a link to register with CareersZONE.
If you have any queries or wish to book an appointment, please contact email@example.com or phone 020 7898 4115.