Sectors and your degree
In this section you can find information on sectors you may be interested in working in, how to use your degree in your job search, and resources on working overseas.
- Accountancy, Banking & Financial Management
- Arts and Heritage
- Business, Consulting & Management
- Charity & Not for Profit
- Corporate Social Responsibility / Social Enterprise
- Creative Arts
- Education & Teaching
- Government & Politics
- International Development & Human Rights
- Media, Journalism & Publishing
- Law & Legal Sector
Using your Degree...
- African Studies
- Anthropology and Sociology
- China and Inner Asia
- Development Studies
- Finance and Management
- Gender Studies
- Global Media and Communications
- History of Art and Archaeology
- International Studies and Diplomacy
- Japanese and Korean
- Near and Middle East
- Politics and International Studies
- Religions and Philosophies
- South Asia
- South East Asia
Working outside the UK
Please see our section on Working Outside the UK for information about working abroad.
Check out the Careers books and publications we have in the Careers Service (SL62) on our online catalogue. Some of these can be borrowed for one week with a £10 deposit.
You can also research financial and company data by accessing some of SOAS Library's resources, e.g. through Eikon and Zephyr. For up to date business news and commercial awareness, see resources such as FT.com and Business Week. For company reports, see The Annual Reports Service and Northcote.
For other sectors or careers not covered, please see the following resources:
- Prospects job profiles - in depth information on careers, jobs, and further study
- TargetJobs - sector by sector advice on the major graduate careers
- National Careers Service - job profiles on over 800 different job roles
If you still need further information or advice, please contact SOAS Careers by email firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone 020 7898 4115 or pop into SL62.