Leave Policies & Procedures
This page and its supporting documents provide information for School employees covering the various types of leave available as part of the contract of employment at the School.
Please click onto one of the categories of leave procedures below and you will be taken to the appropriate relevant procedure:
- Annual Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Emergency Dependants’ Leave
- Discretionary Unpaid Leave
- Jury Service Leave
- Maternity Leave
- Parental Leave
- Paternity Leave
- Research Leave Policy - Research leave is granted by Faculties - all enquiries should be addressed to the relevant Faculty Office
- Sickness Absence Policy & Procedure
- Time off for public duties
- Travel Disruption Policy
All these policies and procedures are in operation but some have not been agreed with the School's recognised trade unions. It should be noted that consultation with the School's recognised trade unions has been carried out on all these policies and procedures.
The various policies and procedures will be updated from time-to-time as required to reflect statutory changes. The School's recognised trade unions will be consulted and invited to comment on any proposed changes to policies or procedures.
Any enquiries relating to the production or content of these pages should be addressed to your designated HR Manager (details set out in the “Who looks after my department?” section of the HR Directorate page.
The following procedure is being developed by the HR Directorate and it is should be available online shortly;
- Adoption leave (in the meantime if you have any queries regarding Adoption Leave, please raise them with your HR Officer)