FDPS Progression Scholarships
Once again we will be awarding six scholarships to students joining FDPS Pre-master's in September 2021. We will double the value of the scholarship to £2000 if you go on to a Master’s degree at SOAS starting in September 2022. FDPS students are guaranteed offers on Master's programmes at SOAS. See the FDPS Progression page for a full list of the marks required for entry to each Master's programme.
- To be eligible for a scholarship, you need to accept the offer of a place by 30 June 2021 so please apply early. You can find the application form on the FDPS Pre-master's page.
- You won’t need to apply separately for the scholarships. In July we’ll consider all students who have accepted offers by the end of June.
- If you enrol on to a Master’s at SOAS in 2021, you’ll receive the £1000 scholarship as well as the 10% fee discount which all FDPS students going on to SOAS receive, so you’ll save over £2000 on your Master’s fees.
Please read the Terms and Conditions below carefully.
Terms and Conditions
- All students who apply for FDPS Pre-master's 2021 and accept an offer of a place before midnight (23:59 UK time) on 30 June 2021 (including the payment of the 10% deposit) will automatically be considered for a scholarship, except students who already hold an offer of a place at SOAS with no academic conditions at the time they apply for FDPS.
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and will be judged on the basis of the student’s university transcript, English level, IFCELS entrance test (if taken) and interview performance. Scholarships will be awarded to students who are interested in postgraduate study at SOAS and who demonstrate the potential to achieve the entry requirements and to study successfully at postgraduate level.
- Successful candidates will be informed by the end of July 2021. The decision of the Head of IFCELS Department on the awards will be final.
- £1000 will be deducted from the balance of the fees owed by each of the scholarship winners which should be paid by the first day of the programme. Please note that, in order to apply for a visa to study on FDPS Pre-master's, students will need to meet the English language requirements for study at pre-master's level.
- A further £1000 will be deducted from the scholarship winners’ postgraduate fees if they enrol on a postgraduate programme at SOAS in September 2022. This will be in addition to the 10% fee discount offered to all FDPS students progressing to SOAS.