ICC Indonesia Scholarships
We know that more and more Indonesian High School graduates are choosing the UK for their university study and are looking for a high quality foundation programme (IFP).
The ICC programme is:
- one of the UK’s first IFPs – running since 1985
- taught on the SOAS Campus in Central London – ICC students are full members of the university with access to all our facilities and activities.
- run directly by the IFCELS department of SOAS, not by a private company
- located in one of the world’s most international universities, with more than half our students coming from outside the UK - a friendly and welcoming community as well as diverse
- recognised by universities across the UK for entry to degrees programmes. See our 2019 destinations
- a guarantee of an offer for any degree at SOAS with a 5% fee discount for the full 3 or 4 years of UG study
In 2020 we are offering two scholarships each of £10000, representing 50% of the ICC tuition fees, to ICC students from Indonesia. Please note the following:
- To be eligible for a scholarship, you need to accept the offer of a place on ICC before 31 May 2020, so please apply early. You can find the application form on the ICC homepage
- You won’t need to apply separately for the scholarships. In June we’ll consider all Indonesian students who have accepted offers before the end of May.
Please read the terms and conditions below carefully:
- To be eligible for the Scholarships, students must be Indonesian passport holders resident in Indonesia.
- All students as defined in (1) who apply for ICC 2020 and accept an offer of a place before midnight (UK time) on 31 May 2020 (including the payment of a 10% deposit) will automatically be considered for a scholarship.
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and will be judged on the basis of the student’s high school (and any other academic) transcript(s), English level, IFCELS entrance test (if taken) and interview performance. Preference will be given to students who are interested in progressing to a degree at SOAS after ICC. Scholarships will be awarded to students who demonstrate the potential to achieve the relevant SOAS entry requirements and to study successfully at undergraduate level.
- Successful candidates will be informed by the end of June 2020. The decision of the Head of IFCELS Department on the awards will be final.
- £10000 will be deducted from the balance of the fees owed by each of the scholarship winners, which should be paid by the first day of the programme – 22 September 2020.