SOAS University of London

International Foundation Courses and English Language Studies

Applying to University

  • What subjects should I choose?
  • Which courses and universities should I apply for?
  • How do I complete the application form?
  • When will I hear if I've got a place?

The undergraduate university application process in the UK is handled by a central agency known as UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Services) and you should apply by January for courses starting the following October. The IFCELS Academic Advice Unit staff will give you help and advice through every stage of the application process and will hold practice interviews with you when you are invited to university entrance interviews.