Disclosure date: 13 May 2013
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following data:
- The number of students who used counselling services provided by your university in the academic years 2008/9, 09/10, 10/11, 11/12.
- The funding which was provided for the counselling services during the same years.
- The number of staff working in the department/service over the same period.
- The number of people in the waiting list to use counselling services presently.
- The average time it takes for people on the waiting list to be called back (in the last year)
Please could you provide in the information in the form of an electronic spreadsheet.
Please see the attached spreadsheet containing the School’s response.
The figures provided for funding reflect funding for the Student Services section of the Student Services Directorate. This section includes the counselling service, but it is not possible to breakdown the figures specifically for counselling in an accurate way. It is estimated that in terms of staffing, counselling makes up approximately 21% of Student Services.