SOAS Shapoorji Pallonji Institute of Zoroastrian Studies Senior Advisory Panel
The Senior Advisory Panel comprises nine members, including the donor, who can nominate up to four representatives. SOAS may nominate up to four members, one of whom will be a Pro-Director of SOAS who will act as Chair. The Senior Advisory Panel’s remit is purely advisory. It is intended to offer guidance and support to the Institute. It is intended to advise the Co-Chairs and support the Institute start-up, collaborate to maximise opportunities for the Institute, advise the Co-Chairs on the management of risks associated with the activities of the Institute and consider the Institute’s continued evolution and impact.
The Senior Advisory Panel meets twice a year and the Co-Chairs attend the meetings. The membership is as follows:
- Stephen Hopgood (Chair) is the Pro-Director International at SOAS. He is Professor of International Relations and co-Director of the Centre for the International Politics of Conflict, Rights and Justice (CCRJ) at SOAS. He is also the Associate Dean for Research in the Faculty of Law and Social Sciences.
- Mr Shapoor Mistry is the Chairman and Managing Director of Shapoorji Pallonji & Company Limited.
- Mr Kekoo Colah is the Executive Director of Shapoorji Pallonji And Co Pvt Ltd.
- Ulrich Pagel is Professor, Languages and Religions of Tibet and Central Asia. He is also Head of the Department of History, Religions and Philosophies.
- Mr Farrokh K. Kavarana is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales and a Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. In 2014 he retired as a Director of Tata Sons Limited and Tata Industries Limited.
- Dr Vesta Sarkhosh Curtis is the Curator of Middle Eastern Coins at the British Museum, London.
- Mr Malcolm Deboo is President of Zoroastrian Trust Funds of Europe (ZTFE)
- Ms Bapsy Dastur is the Chief Legal Officer and General Counsel at Stolt-Nielsen Limited.