SOAS University of London

International Students

Requesting a CAS

Please don't request a CAS if you are going to have your passport renewed. Wait until your new passport has been issued before submitting your request with the new passport details.

Undergraduate Students

A CAS number can only be issued where an applicant holds an Unconditional and Firm offer.

To apply for CAS number, please complete an return the UG CAS request form to along with:

1. A colour scan of the photo page of your passport 

2. Colour scans of any UK visa's/BRP's you have recieved for study within the UK (if applicable)

Please do not submit a CAS request prior to your offer being Unconditional and Firm as these requets will not be able to be processed. 

Applicants must also have a valid passport (within 3 months of programme start date).

The UG CAS request form can be found by following UG CAS request  

Please ensure you include your full name and UCAS ID number in all communications with the Admissions Office. 

Taught Postgraduate Students (Masters degrees)

To request a CAS number please complete the CAS request form.  You can find the form on the website along with general visa information for overseas students. Kindly note that a CAS will only be issued to Unconditional offer holders who have accepted their offer. Please go to the page for Masters Offer Holders for further information and the request form. 

If you experience problems requesting a CAS please email

Research (PhD) Students

Please email to request a CAS, making sure to quote your SOAS reference number.