SOAS University of London

International Students

Switching to a Different 'Sponsor' (Institution)

This section explains what you should do if you are currently sponsored by another institution and would like to switch to SOAS, or if you are currently sponsored by SOAS and would like to change to another institution. For information about pre-sessional courses run by IFCELS, please see the Issuing a CAS section.

If you have already been granted Tier 4 entry clearance to the UK under the sponsorship of another university, and change to a new course to study at SOAS, you must apply again under Tier 4, with a CAS issued by SOAS.  Please go to the UKVI website.

There is an exception for students whose current permission to stay was based on an application before 5th October 2009.  In this case you must complete Permission to change Tier 4 Educational Sponsor application form.

You will not be allowed to register on a programme at SOAS unless we are satisfied that the correct procedures have been followed.  We will require evidence that you have applied to UKVI to change educational sponsor or have applied for a Tier 4 visa under the SOAS sponsorship.