SOAS University of London

International Students

JD LLM - Accommodation and Living Expenses


Once you have been offered a place to study at SOAS you will be sent an housing application information. There is a wide range of accommodation available to students in London; the main SOAS residences are Dinwiddy House and Paul Robeson House, which are both managed by Sanctuary Students In these houses, each student has an individual study-bedroom with en-suite facilities, telephone and broadband internet access. There are shared kitchen and dining facilities.

If you would prefer to live in other university accommodation or in private housing, SOAS can also assist you. The University of London accommodation office provides help and guidance for new students as well as a full range of services to assist you in finding housing. Visit the University of London Housing website to find out more.

If you decide to live in private accommodation, SOAS recommends that you arrive a few weeks before the start of term to allow time to find somewhere that is right for you.

Tuition fees and living expenses

The overseas tuition fees for the academic year 2010-2011 are:

Period of studyCost in GBP
Full academic year (September - June)£12,600
Term 1 only (September - December)£6,300
Term2 2&3 only (January - June)£7,560
It is difficult to estimate accurately the cost of living as so much depends on your lifestyle. How much you spend on living/social expenses will depend on your personal circumstances and the accommodation that you choose. There is no denying that London can be an expensive city, but it doesn't have to be. There are many ways to enjoy London without breaking the bank! For more information please look at the Living in the UK page.