SOAS University of London

International Students

Information for Prospective Students from Israel

Israel Flag

Welcome to the country page for Israel. This page contains specific information for students from Israel.


Phone: +44 (0)20 7898 4700

Further information on upcoming visits to the region can be found on the Meet SOAS staff in your area page.

Minimum Entry Requirements

The below are guidelines only and do not guarantee entry. Each application will be judged on its own merits. 


How to apply


To be considered for admission for a Taught Masters degree, SOAS requires a bachelor's degree from a prestigious institution with a minimum GPA of 3.3 out of 4 or a B+. In addition, applicants should also refer to the individual programme entries in the Graduate Prospectus or postgraduate admissions pages, which may have additional requirements.  The International Foundation Courses and English Language Studies Centre (IFCELS) at SOAS offers a Pre-Masters programme for international students seeking entry to postgraduate degrees at British universities.  

Research applicants would normally be expected to have completed a Masters qualification equivalent to a UK Masters degree from a good university.  

Please contact Laura Hayes, if you have further questions. 

English Language Requirements

To ensure that you can fully benefit from your studies at SOAS, you will need to demonstrate that you meet our minimum English Language entry requirements.


SOAS offers a range of scholarships, bursaries and awards to support students. There are other scholarships provided by the University of London, the British Government and other external organisations. For further information please visit the Scholarships web page. 

Employment Opportunities

If you apply for a visa before you arrive in the UK then you should be eligible to work part-time or volunteer during your programme of study. This visa will allow you to work part-time during the term (up to 20 hours a week) and any number of hours during the vacations. However, you should check before you apply for a job that your visa will allow you to do this particular kind of work. Please be aware that to meet immigration rules for students, you have to show that you have enough money to support yourself during your studies without needing to work. For comprehensive advice on working in the UK, please visit the UKCISA website.

SOAS Careers Service

The SOAS Careers Service can help you to find volunteering opportunities and can provide information and advice on finding paid employment during your studies and after graduation. There will be a number of jobs (both voluntary and paid) within SOAS itself (for example, in the Students’ Union or cafe) and you can look out for these opportunities through the Careers Service or via the Students’ Union.

Alumni Contact

SOAS has alumni all over the world, if you would like to contact an alum to ask any questions then please visit the SOAS alumni website.

Useful Links

  • The British Council is the UK's international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations.
  • The British Embassy in Israel is where you can find information about all aspects of the UK, as well as practical information about VISAS
  • UCAS - the Universities and Colleges Admission Service is the central organisation through which undergraduate applications are processed for entry to Higher Education. 
  • UKCISA - the Council for International Student Affairs provides information on many aspects of studying in the UK, including visa advice.