The IT department at SOAS provides a number of different services, such as desktop, printing, photocopying, IT training, multi-media services (including support for classrooms and lecture theatres) and a central Service Desk. Support for these services is provided by a number of different sections of the IT department. The IT Support pages on this section of the SOAS website, are designed to provide as much information as possible to enable you to use and understand our services.
Details of services we offer
1. Service Desk:
For more information about the service desk (first point of contact for IT related issues) please see IT Service Desk - What we do...
2. IT support for staff and students:
We have produced two quick guides on IT services provided:
3. Printing, Photocopying and Scanning services:
You can see details of the Printing, Photocopying and Scanning services we have at SOAS.
4. Connecting to Wi-Fi at SOAS:
We maintain an eduroam enabled network for wireless and wired connectivity. Please consult our Wifi at SOAS page for instructions on how to get connected.
Non-members and visitors may only access the internet using:
- Eduroam - eduroam.org if your device is already configured to connect to eduroam from another institution it should connect to our network automatically. Contact your own academic institution's IT department for support.
- WiFi Guest - www.sky.com/wifi provided by The Cloud and is free of charge to use.
5. Accessing your Network Files:
When not using a SOAS maintained workstation, you can still access your files online at SOAS Remote File Access.