40-40 Fuwaku (不惑) Fund
In 2018, to mark its 40th year since establishment, the JRC launched the “40-40 Fuwaku Fund”. The meaning of Fuwaku (不惑) is to ‘follow the right course past the age of 40’. The goal of the 40-40 Fuwaku Fund is to sustain the JRC through its next 40 years of activities (2018-2058), with a minimum target of 40 donors over 40 years contributing toward core JRC research activities. The JRC welcomes donations from corporate, institutional and individual donors to sustain JRC research activities within the spirit of Fuwaku (不惑). All donors are acknowledged below and larger donations can have the donor name branded to the research activity.
Gift range: examples of how funds are distributed:
|£10,000||Annual Postgraduate Studentship in Japanese Studies|
|£3,000||Support of Annual Lecture or Symposium|
|£2,000||Support of Annual JRC Research Seminars|
|£1,500||Academic Research Fieldwork Travel Grant|
|£500||Support of JRC outreach and networking activities|
|£100||Small Grant for Academic Research Materials|
Silver (£1,000-under £10,000)
- Donation from Professor Peter Kornicki
- Donation from Mr Stephen McEnally
- Donation from Mr Makoto Ichikawa
Bronze (under £1,000)
Make a Gift
There are several ways in which you can support the JRC 40-40 Fuwaku Fund.
- You can make a donation through our secure online account.
- If you wish to make a donation by cheque or by Direct Debit you can do so by following the instructions on the 'SOAS Questions worth asking page'. Please let us know when you've made a donation and we direct your gift to the '40-40 Fuwaku Fund'.
All sizeable donations will be acknowledged on on our website.
If you have any questions, please contact Angelica Baschiera on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)20 7898 4370.