Centre of Korean Studies Events
The events draw a varied audience with an interest in the region.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise stated. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further information contact the Centres and Programmes Office
Please note that every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. We cannot guarantee, however, that subsequent changes have not been made. Please be advised to check information relating to scheduled events by using the contact information provided.
- Korean Wave Reception and Participatory Fan Culture in Latin America:
Prof. Wonjung Min
- Korean Wave Reception and Participatory Fan Culture in Latin America
Prof Wonjung Min
- Colonialism and its Reverberations: ‘Comfort Women’ and Historical Revisionism in Korea and Japan
Professor Yonson Ahn (University of Frankfurt), Professor Vladimir Tikhonov (University of Oslo), Professor Chong Yeonghwan (Meiji Gakuin University)
- The Politics of Sports Mega-Events: The PyeongChang Olympics, Sports Diplomacy, and Media Spectacle
Jaeho Kang, Simon Rofe, Verity Postlethwaite
- Peculiarities of Urbanization in Juche Country
Dr. Pavel Em
- Translating Korean Poetry
Brother Anthony of Taizé (Emeritus Professor, Sogang University & Chair Professor, Dankook University)
- Lee Yil: Dynamics of Expansion and Reduction – Selected Writings on Korean Contemporary Art
Jean-Marc Poinsot, Marjorie Allthorpe-Guyton, Prof Youngsook Pak, Henry Meyric Hughes, Paul O'Kane
- Abe’s Japan, Strategic Options and the Korean nuclear crisis