How To Apply for Short Language Courses
We are now enrolling for our Summer term commencing the week beginning Monday 20th April.
Covid-19 Update: Our classes will continue as scheduled, online teaching only.
Please view our Enrolment Page for all our scheduled courses:
All complete beginners can book Beginners 1 courses directly via the Online Store.
Not a Complete Beginner: Arabic, Chinese, Japanese and Korean
As you already have some language knowledge, in order to check your level you are invited to have an informal language assessment with a language specialist who may advise on which class may be best for you.
To request an assessment:
- see the following CEFR Language Level Specifications (pdf; 116kb)
- complete and submit the Online Assessment Request Form
Once you have been recommended a class, you may enrol and pay in any of the following ways:
- you will be sent a link to enrol via our online store
- in person by filling out an Language Centre Application Form (msword; 60kb) in our office
- credit card payments may be made in our office
- for in person enrolments, cheques can be accepted
- cash payments cannot be accepted under any circumstances
Not a Complete Beginner: All other languages
Students are required to first check their level using the course overview/structure information on the Short Courses page here: https://www.soas.ac.uk/languagecentre/languages/
Once enrolment opens you will be able to book your level course via the online store. Please note that students are responsible for checking their level PRIOR to enrolling for any course.
If you are still unsure, please contact us.