How To Apply for Short Language Courses
Covid-19 Update: Our classes will continue as scheduled, online teaching only.
We are now enrolling for our Summer Term starting 19th April 2021
Please see our Enrolment Page for timetables.
Please be aware that places are first come first served.
Enrolments are taken until the course is fully booked, or up to midnight 11th April, whichever is soonest.
- Please register by the deadline to avoid under-quorum class cancellation
- In order to guarantee a place in a class of the right level and day, please ensure you enrol early.
- Late enrolment could result in a delay in receiving log in details, which could hinder a smooth start to online classes.
All complete beginners can book Beginners 1 courses directly via the Online Store.
Not a Complete Beginner: Arabic, Chinese, Japanese and Korean
As you already have some language knowledge, in order to check your level you are invited to have an informal language assessment with a language specialist who may advise on which class may be best for you.
To request an assessment:
- see the following CEFR Language Level Specifications (pdf; 116kb)
- complete and submit the Online Assessment Request Form
Once you have been recommended a class, you may enrol and pay in any of the following ways:
- Online: you will be sent a link to enrol via our online store
- Bank Transfer: please email the relevant Language Administrator who will then send Bank Transfer details.
Not a Complete Beginner: All other languages
Students are required to first check their level using the course overview/structure information on the Short Courses pages here: https://www.soas.ac.uk/languagecentre/languages/
Once enrolment opens you will be able to book your level course via the online store. Please note that students are responsible for checking their level PRIOR to enrolling for any course.
If you are still unsure, please contact us.
Student enrolled in the current term will receive an email with a rejoining link to the next term of study.