Japanese Language Proficiency Test
Follow us on twitter @soasjlpt
What is the Japanese Language Proficiency Test?
The JLPT is an internationally recognised qualification for non-native speakers, sponsored by the Japan Foundation. In the UK the test is administered by SOAS Language Centre, University of London, on behalf of the Japan Foundation. Please visit the official JLPT website by Japan Foundation for general information.
JLPT in London
JLPT December 2018
Exam day: Sunday the 2nd, Decenber 2018
Venue: The Russell Square campus, SOAS University of London
Time: You will be asked to arrive by 13:00
Fees: Please see the section below
For whom who applied for JLPT December 2018 in London, please note;
- Due to the regulation, we cannot change your level from the one you chose on the application form.
- Due to the regulation, it is not possible for you to cancel nor defer the test to later round. If you cannot make it on 2nd Dec 2018, we will simply regard you as an absent candidate.
- Test fee is NOT refundable under any circumstanse.
JLPT July 2019
- Exam day: Sunday, 7th of July 2019
- Venue: The Russell Square Campus, SOAS University of London
- Time: Please come by 13:00
- Fee: Please see the section below
JLPT Online Application
The online application form for JLPT July 2019 will be ready in mid-March.
Fees and Payment
Please make your payment via the online link which will appear once you submit your online application.
The test fee is £85 for all levels.
No refund will be available under any circumstances once your payment has been accepted unless cancellation is made by the Japan Foundation or SOAS. Read the Test Guide (download from the section below) for the terms and conditions of the JLPT exam.
After completing online application those applicants who need special arrangements for the test day should contact the JLPT Office email@example.com to request a special application form.
The JLPT Test Guide
Download the JLPT Test Guide December 2018 (pdf; 10mb) . Please note there is no need to print out the test voucher. These will be sent via email in due course.