Language Centre Term Dates and Fee Structure for Short Courses 2021/2022
Covid-19 Update: SOAS Language Centre's courses will continue to run online for the 2021-22 academic year. A few new courses will be offered on campus with strict measures to guarantee a Covid-safe experience following SOAS and government guidance.
August 2021 Intensive Courses
Starting 2nd August 2021
We are now enrolling for these courses. Please see our Enrolment Page for details.
Term Dates for 2021/22
October Term Dates
Monday 11th October 2021 – Saturday 18th December 2021
January Term Dates
Monday 17th January 2022 - Saturday 26th March 2022
April Term Dates
Tuesday 19th April 2022 - Friday 25th June 2022*
*Monday classes start 25th April & Saturday classes start 23rd April
*Please note our end dates due to the May/June Bank Holidays: 4th July for courses running on Monday; 30th June for courses running on Thursday, 1st July for courses running on Friday, 9th July for courses running on Saturday
August 2022 Intensive Courses
Starting 2nd August 2022
For general SOAS term dates and dates of college closure, please see key dates web pages.
Course Fees and Discounted Rates
Fee Structure for All Short Courses 2020-2021
Please note that our short courses are 15 contact hours per term. Accelerated courses are 30 contact hours per term.
* These courses cover Beginners and Elementary levels.
|SOAS Staff/Students (UG/PG Degrees & Diplomas)||25%|
|SOAS Alumni (UG/PG Degrees & Diplomas)||10%|
|Current University of London Staff/Students||10%|
- Alumni status is conferred on those who have:
- completed a full degree course (UG or PG) at SOAS.
- completed an accredited Certificate/Diploma programme at the Language Centre
- We do not accept alumni status in any other circumstances.
Claiming a discount:
- Before enrolling please email the relevant Language Administrator with a scan of your valid student/staff/alumni ID and inform them of the course you would like to enrol onto. They can then email you a link to pay the discounted fee at our online store.
- Discounts must be claimed at the time of enrolment and cannot be applied retrospectively.
Terms and Conditions:
- These discounts apply to Short Courses only and not Tailored Tuition or Accredited Programmes.
- You must email or show your student card to one of our administrators to qualify for the discount.
- The Language Centre does not offer concessionary discounts for those on government benefits.