Language Centre Term Dates and Fee Structure 21/22
Covid-19 Update: SOAS Language Centre's courses will continue to run online for the 2021-22 academic year. A few new courses will be offered on campus with strict measures to guarantee a Covid-safe experience following SOAS and government guidance.
August 2022 Intensive Courses - coming soon
Starting 1st August 2022 (enroling from 23rd May)
Courses scheduled for August will be Beginners 1 level only (complete beginners).
Post-Beginners and Complete Beginners courses will be available for our next 10 week term starting in October. We will open enrolment for the October 2022 term from 1st August.
October - December Term
Monday 11th October 2021 – Saturday 18th December 2021
January - March Term
Monday 17th January 2022 - Saturday 26th March 2022
April - July Term
Monday 25th April 2022 - Saturday 9th July 2022*
*Please note our end dates due to the May/June Bank Holidays: 4th July for courses running on Monday; 7th July for courses running on Thursday, 8th July for courses running on Friday, 9th July for courses running on Saturday
For general SOAS term dates and college closure dates, please see key dates web pages.
Course Fees Per Term and Discounted Rates
Fee Structure for Online Short Courses 2021-2022
Please note that our Online short courses are 15 contact hours per term. Accelerated courses are 30 contact hours per term.
|Beginners||Pre-Intermediate||Upper-Intermediate||Advanced||Accelerated Beginners||Accelerated Pre-Intermediate|
|Elementary||Intermediate||Pre-Advanced||Proficiency||Accelerated Elementary||Accelerated Intermediate|
Fee Structure for Face to Face On Campus Short Courses 2021-2022
Please note that our On Campus short courses are 20 contact hours per term.
|SOAS Staff/Students (UG/PG Degrees & Diplomas)||25%|
|SOAS Alumni (UG/PG Degrees & Diplomas)||10%|
|Current University of London Staff/Students||10%|
- Alumni status is conferred on those who have:
- completed a full degree course (UG or PG) at SOAS.
- completed an accredited Certificate/Diploma programme at the Language Centre
- We do not accept alumni status in any other circumstances.
Claiming a discount:
- Before enrolling please email the relevant Language Administrator with a scan of your valid student/staff/alumni ID and inform them of the course you would like to enrol onto. They can then email you a link to pay the discounted fee at our online store.
- Discounts must be claimed at the time of enrolment and cannot be applied retrospectively.
Terms and Conditions:
- These discounts apply to Short Courses only and not Tailored Tuition.
- You must email or show your student card to one of our administrators to qualify for the discount.
- The Language Centre does not offer concessionary discounts for those on government benefits.