- One-year course with 3 terms, 10 weeks per term, 2 hours per week
SOAS Language Centre
Thai Elementary Course
2017 Entry requirements
- Fees and funding
Mode of Attendance: Part-time
The course aims to consolidate the basis of Thai grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation covered in the beginners course; coverage of more complex structures and vocabulary; emphasis on spoken communication and listening and reading comprehension.
The course is taught in English and Thai and includes coverage of the four skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing and a balance between communicative activities, structure practice and grammar. Class size is limited to twelve to allow intensive practice.
- Thai Elementary 1 Course Contents and Synopsis
- Thai Elementary 2 Course Contents and Synopsis
- Thai Elementary 3 Course Contents and Synopsis
Fees and funding
Course fees quoted are per term of 10 weeks.
Language Centre How To Apply
You can view our short course timetables short course timetables here.
You can enrol:
- online via our online store
- in person by filling out a form in the Language Centre
- by post by sending an Application Form (pdf; 107kb) to our office address
- Please read our Terms and Conditions before applying for a course
- We cannot accept cash payments under any circumstances
Not a complete beginner?
If you are not a complete beginner, you will need to complete an assessment for course placement, allowing us to decide which course is right for you.
To apply for an assessment please complete our and send to the relevant email inbox where a Course Officer will contact you for scheduling.
Course Fees and Discounted Rates
An overview of our Short Course Fees and Discounted Rates.
If you are eligible for a discount, you will not be able to complete your transaction on the Online Store. You will need to bring a paper Application Form (pdf; 107kb) , including your Staff/Student card for us to make a copy of, after which we can process your application at the discounted rate.
If you are a returning student, you will have received a letter informing you of the procedures for rejoining prior to the start of the registration period. You can pay using any method indicated above. Returning students, if they are continuing onto the course indicated as the progression course, do not need to be assessed.