Terms and Conditions for Group Courses
- Fees for academic year 2017-2018 are effective from 1st August 2017 and are payable in advance of the start of the course. They are not subject to V.A.T.
- Payment in full must be made at the time of enrolment.
- Fees for all courses are exclusive of course materials.
- Sponsors must supply an official purchase order or a letter confirming that the company will be responsible for payment of the fees. An invoice will be issued.
- Please ensure that the purchase order accompanies the application form
- Failure to do comply with the above may result in withdrawal of a student from the course and/or the student becoming liable for payment immediately.
Withdrawal from Courses:
We strongly advise you to ensure that you will be able to attend for the whole of the course before enrolling. SOAS Language Centre cannot accept any responsibility for unforeseen changes in students’ circumstances that may prevent their attendance for all or part of a course, including changes to work patterns or care obligations.
- No refunds can be given for classes not attended, unless non-attendance relates to a class rescheduled to a different day by the Centre.
- All cancellations of enrolment and requests for refunds must be received in writing (including email) by the Language Centre at least 5 working days before the start of the course. In such cases, refunds can be given subject to the following terms:
- If received more than 10 working days before the start of the course, 10% of the total course fee is deducted.
- If received between 10 and 5 working days before the start of the course, 30% of the total course fee is deducted.
- If received fewer than 5 working days (excluding Saturday/Sunday) prior to the scheduled start of a course, no refund is payable and refunds cannot be made once the course has started.
- Refunds will be returned in the same way as the payment was made. Please note the refund procedure may take up to four weeks.
- Our 10-Week courses are subject to quorum requirements, as follows:
- 8 at Beginners and Elementary levels
- 7 at all Intermediate levels
- 6 at Advanced and Proficiency levels
- These numbers may occasionally be revised downwards by 1 if such a revision is compatible with the internal processes of the Centre and is approved by the Centre Director.
- If a scheduled class does not reach the quorum number, Language Centre Administrators will inform applicants, normally 5 working days before the start of the course, and advise them as to alternative options. The Language Centre is able, for example, to offer bespoke tuition for small groups.
- We strongly advise you to enrol at least five days before the start date as places are allocated on a ‘first come’ basis. Places cannot be reserved in advance without payment.
- Classes are only for learners aged 18 and above.
- Students undertake to adhere to the college Code of conduct - Student Disciplinary Procedure 2012/13 (pdf; 143kb) at all times.
These terms and conditions may be subject to change without prior notice.
Updated 7 August 2017