Terms and Conditions for Group Courses
Covid-19 Update: Our classes will continue as scheduled, online teaching only.
Fees for academic year 2020-2021 are effective from 1st August 2020 and are payable in advance of the start of the course. They are not subject to V.A.T. Fees for all courses are exclusive of course materials.
- Sponsors must supply an official purchase order or a letter confirming that the company will be responsible for payment of the fees. An invoice will be issued.
- Please ensure that the purchase order accompanies the application form.
- Failure to do comply with the above may result in withdrawal of a student from the course and/or the student becoming liable for payment immediately.
Recording of Online Classes:
Online classes may be recorded for use as a learning resource. SOAS has a legitimate interest in recording classes to maximise the resources available to support students’ learning and instruction. The recordings will be available to students enrolled in the class. We will retain the recordings until the end of the term. By enrolling for a SOAS Language Centre course, you agree to the recording of online classes.
Withdrawal from Courses:
We strongly advise you to ensure that you will be able to attend for the whole of the course before enrolling. SOAS Language Centre cannot accept any responsibility for unforeseen changes in students’ circumstances that may prevent their attendance for all or part of a course.
- No refunds can be given for classes not attended, unless non-attendance relates to a class rescheduled to a different day by the Centre.
- All cancellations of enrolment and requests for refunds must be received in writing (including email) by the Language Centre at least 14 working days before the start of the course. In such cases, refunds can be given subject to a cancellation fee of £50.
- If you wish to cancel your order less than 14 days before the start of the course no refund may be given.
- Refunds will be returned in the same way as the payment was made. Please note the refund procedure may take up to 30 days.
- Our 10-Week courses are subject to quorum requirements, as follows:- 15 at Beginners and Elementary- 13 at all Intermediate levels- 12 at Pre-Advanced and Advanced- 11 for Proficiency.
- If a scheduled class does not reach the quorum number, the course may be cancelled. Language Centre Administrators will inform applicants, normally 5 days before the start of the course, and advise them as to alternative options.
- We strongly advise you to enrol more than 14 days before the start date as places are allocated on a ‘first come’ basis. Places cannot be reserved in advance without payment.
- Unless otherwise specified, our classes are limited to 15 students per class.
- Classes are only for learners aged 18 and above.
- Students undertake to adhere to the college Student Disciplinary Procedure at all times.
These terms and conditions may be subject to change without prior notice.
Updated August 2020