Below are general notes on preparing your essay for upload to the BLE system. Each one of these steps should be followed to ensure your essay will submit correctly and be marked in a timely fashion.
- On the front page of your essay include the following details:
- Your six digit student ID number.
- Student name.
- Course code.
(This is the 9 character code that identifies your course. It will be in the format '15 XXX XNNN' for PG courses or '15 NNN NNNN' for UG courses, where 'X' denotes a letter and 'N' denotes a number)
- The name and number of your assignment.
- The name of your tutor.
- Word Count
- In the footer of your essay include page numbers.
- Essays should be double spaced and in font size 11.
- BLE automatically enters your assignment and student ID number on your essay file name. However, it would be helpful if you could also include these in the filename of the essay you upload.
- Essays should be saved in Word .DOC, .DOCX or .RTF formats.
Law students please note, as your coursework is marked anonymously it is important that you do not write your student ID number and name on your essay.
If your tutor requests or if you have used non-standard fonts or characters (diacritics for example) in your essay, you should ALSO submit a .PDF version of your essay in ADDITION to your .DOC/.DOCX/.RTF version. To upload the two files when you make your submission simply click the Add Another File button after attaching your first file and browse to the additional file before submitting.