- Conflicts over Access to Water and Land: Evolving Dimensions (2022-2025)
- Fostering Ecocentric Community-led River Restoration and Conservation in the Ganga Basin (2022-2023)
- Food security and the governance of local knowledge in India and Indonesia (2018-2023)
- Mining, Land and Water Law: Ensuring Sustainable and Equitable Outcomes (2018-2021)
- Sanitation in India: Understanding a complex and controversial human right (2016)
- Impact Analysis of Judicial Directives on Water Pollution in India and the EU: Law and Policy Dimensions (2014-2017)
- UKIERI - Climate Change and Groundwater Management in India (2013-2015)
- Legal Issues Related to Water Sector Restructuring in India (2006-2009)
British Council Exploratory Grant to develop a joint SOAS-National Law University Delhi Course on Climate Justice and Climate Change Law and Policy (2022).
Government of India, Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation: Professor Cullet was a member of the Committee to Draft National Water Framework Law, a Member of the Committee Re-draft the Draft Model Bill for Conservation Protection and Regulation of Ground Water, 2011 and a Member of the Committee to Draft River Basin Management Bill.
Water Supply & Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC): LEDC members contributed to work on the human right to sanitation in India. This involved understanding the rationale and approaches of the existing legal, policy and institutional frameworks for the realization of the right to sanitation at the regional, national and local levels, and to identify best practices as well as implementation challenges and gaps in the states of Kerala, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. The analysis also included an examination of the right to sanitation in the context of its link with other human rights such as the right to water, the right to education and the right to health as well as the potential of using the ongoing programmes and schemes introduced by the Central and state governments, such as programmes for ensuring rural employment and housing for the realization of the right to sanitation.
Government of India, Planning Commission of India: Professor Cullet was the Convenor and Sujith Koonan a Member of the Sub-group on Legal Issues related to Ground Water Management and Regulation including the Strengthening of the Ground Water Regulatory Authorities at the Centre and States of the Working Group on Water Governance for the XII Five Year Plan (2011).
Government of India, Planning Commission of India: Professor Cullet was a Member of the Sub-group on National Water Framework Law of the Working Group on Water Governance for the XII Five Year Plan (2011).
Outcome: Draft National Water Framework Act, 2011.