Reading Room Rules and Regulations
We have made some temporary changes to our Special Collections Reading Room procedures and opening hours, so even if you’ve visited us before, please read our guidance explaining what you can expect from your visit.
The Special Collections Reading Room has been set aside for the supervised consultation of archives, rare books, manuscripts and theses. As so many of these items are unique and irreplaceable, please help us to maintain the security and preservation of the collections by observing the following rules
- Only use pencils or laptops for making notes
- Leave bags and outdoor coats in the lockers provided outside the Reading Room
- Don’t bring food or drink (including bottled water) into the Reading Room
- The full reading room rules
- Handling guidelines for using Special Collections material