Where To Find Us
We have made some temporary changes to our Special Collections Reading Room procedures and opening hours, so even if you’ve visited us before, please read our guidance explaining what you can expect from your visit.
The Special Collections Reading Room
Archives, manuscripts, rare books and theses collections are consulted in the Special Collections Reading Room on floor F of SOAS Library.
We are located in the main SOAS building, opposite the Brunei Gallery on Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG.
Getting to SOAS by Train/Tube
The following stations are all within walking distance:
- Russell Square (Piccadilly Line)
- Goodge Street (Northern Line)
- Tottenham Court Road (Central and Northern Lines)
- Euston (Victoria and Northern Lines & Mainline trains)
- Euston Square (Circle, Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan)
- Kings Cross (Circle, Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan, Piccadilly, Victoria & Mainline trains)
- Warren Street (Victoria and Northern lines).
Getting to SOAS by Bus
The following buses serve the local area: numbers 7, 68, 91, 168 and 188 stop near Russell Square; 10, 24, 29, 73 and 134 stop on Tottenham Court Road (north bound) or Gower Street (south bound).